ADOPTION DAY: SPOKANE COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
November 2014 marked Washington's 10th annual celebration of National Adoption Day. This year Adoption Day took place on November 21, 2014 at the Spokane County Court House. Twenty-five foster children officially became a part of their forever homes and seventeen adoptions were finalized.
NATIONAL ADOPTION DAY
November is National Adoption Month. Next year, National Adoption Day is November 21, 2015.
NATIONAL ADOPTION DAY ARTICLES
National Adoption Day was started in 2000 by the Alliance for Children's Rights through the generous support of the Freddie Mac Foundation, the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and others. The mission for National Adoption Day is finalize adoptions from foster care in all 50 states, celebrate and honor families who adopt, raise awareness about the 123,000 children in foster care waiting for adoption, encourage others to adopt children from foster care, build collaboration among local adoption agencies, courts and advocacy organizations.
GOALS OF ADOPTION DAY
- Finalize adoptions from foster care in all 50 states
- Celebrate and honor all families that adopt
- Raise awareness about the 123,000 children in foster care waiting for adoption
- Encourage others to adopt children from foster care
- Build collaboration among local adoption agencies, courts and advocacy organizations
- The celebration usually includes National Adoption Day with courthouses throughout the nation participating and hundreds of adoptions
National Adoption Month is a time to celebrate family and to bring about awareness that there are hundreds of thousands of children in foster homes awaiting adoption. States, communities, and agencies hold events during the month to bring the need for families into public view.
CONTACT US TO PARTICIPATE IN ADOPTION DAY
For more information on Adoption Day and how your family might participate contact us at 509-462-3678 or 800-338-8273 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org